Tuesday 17 May 2011

My First Post

Been considering doing this for a while now, so have taken the plunge and have decided to start a blog related to all my crafting adventures :) I have only been sewing and crocheting for just over a year so constructive criticism is always welcome!

So for my first post of my new blog I though I would post about one of my favourite things I have made. Its a project to make a knitting bag that I found in Cath Kidstons Sew book. It was quite a time consuming project as it required 63 hexagons to be covered and hand sewn together .....


But overall I think the bag turned out great and my mum (the proud owner) is very happy with it. I also got bored and made her a matching pin cushion.


Its a nice bag that I am very proud of but I am definitely sticking to smaller projects before I pluck up the courage to tackle another of these bags

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely! I'm only recently getting into patchwork and stuff now my eyes aren't so good for embroidery and have in mind to try something with hexagons at some point though guessed it would be time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I'm the same, that was the first patchwork thing I did. I'm hoping to build up to a quilt. Its a nice pattern definitely worth doing if you have the patience.

    ReplyDelete